Henrietta Lindsay, MSW, LCSW is dedicated to enhancing and/or restoring your life capacity for functioning in our community – one person at a time. She is a licensed clinical social worker licensed to provide services in the State of Georgia, South Carolina, and Texas. Henrietta believes that seeking out therapy is a healthy, normal experience that all should embrace without shame. Henrietta also specializes in using spiritual concepts to improve treatment outcomes upon request.
Her therapeutic approach is non-judgmental, client-centered and strengths based. She seeks to form a collaborative, therapeutic relationship with clients, allowing them a safe space to explore and gain understanding about obstacles to personal growth. She wants active participation from clients, and believes that incorporating “common sense” with well-grounded spirituality produces the best results. She hopes to provide empathetic support and feedback to ultimately empower clients to set realistic goals and make necessary lasting changes.
Henrietta received her Bachelor’s of Art at Florida State University with double major in Multi-lingual/Multi-cultural & French Education. She went on and also received her Master’s in Social Work from the University of Georgia.
She has several years of professional work experience where she has worked as the following:
- Middle & High school foreign language teacher, Adjunct Faculty teaching MSW graduate students
- Non-profit organizations: Juvenile Justice Institute in Durham, NC; Center for Environmental Studies in Palm Beach, FL
- Experiences in Higher Education: Admissions Counselor, Academic Adviser, Data Analyst, and Administrative Assistant
- Counseling experiences as a Disability Coordinator serving adults with chronic illnesses, learning disorders, psychological disorders, visual and hearing impairments as well as persons with mobility issues. She gained extensive knowledge and application of the American’s with Disabilities Act, technologies to serve persons with disabilities and life transition pressures; served at the University of Georgia’s campus in Athens and the former Georgia Perimeter’s College in Covington.
- Mental Health Therapist in a community mental health setting serving adults with severe psychological disorders, substance abuse issues, as well as serving Veteran’s and gaining extensive training and experience in behavioral health assessment (being apart of the Master Assessment Team), anger management issues, crisis counseling and depressive and anxiety disorders
- She also spent a year interning with the Georgia Firefighter’s Burn Foundation managing and growing programs that impact burn survivors in Georgia and 15 weeks with Families First, Inc a non-profit family service agency doing group and individual work with teen parents in transition in high schools.
- Currently she is in private practice with Nutrition and Fitness Harmony, LLC (licensed in GA, SC, & TX) and is a social work Professor/Field Education Liaison with an out of state University online.
- In her spare time she enjoys going to the beach, watching movies with her husband, reading books, exercising, cooking/finding new recipes, and is actively engaged in her church.